Friday, February 17, 2012

Outpouring of love for the kid.

Even with the Mets waiting on Johan to get on the mound later today its a sad day in Mets land with the passing of Gary Carter yesterday who lost his battle with brain cancer at the way too young age of 57.

Here are some of the quotes from former Mets as well as other baseball greats.



“The one thing I remember about Gary was his smile. He loved life and loved to play the game of baseball.”


 Mookie Wilson

Darryl Strawberry  “He was a baseball player with character who always did things the right way,” Strawberry said. “I wish I could have lived my life like Gary Carter. He was a true man.”


For met Manager Davey Johnson said. Gary was a one-man scouting system,” “What people didn’t know was that he kept an individual book on every batter in the National League. He was the ideal catcher for our young pitching staff.”



 “The one thing Gary stressed to us was team. He said individual goals were meaningless. He said the name on the front of the uniform was more important than the name on the back. That’s what I’ll take from my two years with him.”
Mets pitcher Jonathon Niese, who played under Carter for two years in the minors


We had a lot in common, from family to our profession. He endured a lot as a catcher, as did I. And making it to the Hall of Fame was over the top for Gary, as it has been for me. We knew each other for more than 30 years, he meant a lot to me. I’m crushed by his passing.”


Hall of Fame catcher Carlton Fisk


Can't call it a day w/o saying Gary was a great person, a family man a 'life coach';will be missed...Dave Winfield

If you like to donate to the Gary Carter foundation check out the 7 line and there new shirt with a tribute to #8. the 7 line


NY Daily News


NY Post

No comments: